Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 94 & 95 JRSC Integra owners, please help

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's on a 96 GSR, which has the purge cut solenoid in a different place than your's, but you can see what the valve itself looks like at http://home.nycap.rr.com/ghjrsc

    Click on the "Pictures added to Pre-Intall Examination/Know Your Sensors page" link in the "New Stuff - 12/11/1999" section at the top of the page.

    Good luck, I'm joining you next weekend. Woohoo!!

    Greg Holden
    96 GSR JSRC in 8 days!


  2. #2
    94Integra
    Guest 94Integra's Avatar

    Post

    Hi guys,

    I'm in the process of installing the JRSC on my 1994 (actually end 1993) JDM Integra.

    Can somebody tell me where the purge cut solenoid valve is on a 94 Integra. I've located vacuum hose no. 7 going coming from the charcoal canister, but the hose just connects to the part of the intake manifold behind the throttle body. There's no valve with yellow/black and solid red wires. Took some pictures and will be posting them soon. What does this valve do, and is it crucial to the installation of the JRSC.

    I've actually skipped that step and moved on with the installation and will be removing the intake manifold on Sunday.

    BTW, everyone have a HAPPY NEW YEAR, and I don;t want to see anyone posting here tonite. smile

  3. #3
    94Integra
    Guest 94Integra's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks Greg,

    I've been to your site and looked through all the pics of the valves before starting the installation. It's just that on my car, I cannot find the valve. I'm hoping some 94' owners will point me in the right direction. Anyway, when I get the intake manifold off, I'll see if there's such a valve underneath.

    When I get the photos developed, I'll post more.


  4. #4
    94Integra
    Guest 94Integra's Avatar

    Post

    OK, here are the photos.
    Notice the vacumm hose 7 from the charcoal canister going direct to the intake manifold behind the throttle body. No purge cut solenoid valve. What does this valve do anyway?

    Also, when I took off the throttle body, the bolts were part of the intake manifold, not seperate. And the throttle body was coated with black oily stuff after the butterfly throttle.
    Thanks everyone. If I can;t get this resolved, I'll have to contact JR.

    View?u188106&ampa1376817&ampp14828170&ampSequence0

    View?u188106&ampa1376817&ampp14828171&ampSequence0

  5. #5
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The black oily stuff is somewhat normal. You may have a little blow by from the valves and is leaking a bit, but for a 94 that's normal (age of car).

    As for the purge cut valve it's an emissions device. The hose goes right into the intake manifold? That's odd. After the install, the host should connect back into the system, but I'm not sure where it goes off of the top of my head.

    ------------------
    Lundgren
    Lundgren's Integra Site
    My AllAdvantage Page

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner VTeCno Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 1999
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do JDM Teg's even have the same emissions equipment??? I am not sure the valve is there on a JDM engine.

    ------------------
    I made $150 in November, just for surfing the net!!!

    Find out how you can do the same at VTeCno's Get Paid to Surf Site!



  7. #7
    94Integra
    Guest 94Integra's Avatar

    Thanks, you guys have been great. This board is excellent. smile

    I'll probably e-mail Shawn on this matter and get him to take it up with JR. They assured me that the kit would fit a RHD JDM Integra before I purchased.

    Since the purge cut solenoid valve is only for emission purposes, I suppose it should be OK not to have one. I'll probably connect hose no. 7 to one of the barb fittings on the JR manifold. Of course this wil be after I receive a reply from JR.

    Thanks again everybody smile

    [This message has been edited by 94Integra (edited January 03, 2000).]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member lundgren's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 1999
    Posts
    1,436
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Or T in to the line that comes from the oil separator box, and the bottom of the SC. I'm not sure if this is the best place, but for your year, that may be more appropriate, double check with JR first though. The 96+ kits would have it this way, 95,94 don't have to use the T, but in your case you could.

    ------------------
    Lundgren
    Lundgren's Integra Site
    My AllAdvantage Page

  9. #9
    Inactive Member BlownAway's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    343
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    From what I can tell, your valve is missing. The #7 line is supposed to go to the top of the valve from the canister. The #12 line exits the bottom of the valve and goes towards where you show your #7 line connected.

    Is there a yellow/black & red two wire harness laying around?

    The function of this valve is to vent (fuel) gases from the canister to the manifold when the engine is running. Without it, and line #7 connected to the manifold, you're venting these gases when the engine isn't running.

    I guess you can still run without the valve, but you need to tap into the 12v of the yellow/black wire for the relay hookup.


    [This message has been edited by BlownAway (edited January 02, 2000).]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •